Allied's green career training in today's emerging green technologies prepares you to realize new and exciting career opportunities. Learn about solar energy and green building - solar training and renewable energy courses will prepare you start an environmentally-friendly career.
We’ve compiled some helpful information and links for your reference. Learn more about your solar career with the data provided below.
North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)
“Designed to raise industry standards and promote consumer confidence, NABCEP offers certification and certificate programs to renewable energy professionals throughout North America.”
Types of NABCEP Solar Certifications Available:
- Entry Level – Take Intro PV Course from accredited School approved by NABCEP
- Certified PV Installer – Two Installs equaling 1KW plus 40 hour course based on NABCEP Task Analysis
- PV Technical Sales
- View the following links for more info.
- Candidate Information Handbook for Computer Based Certification Exams
- Successfully Complete a NABCEPPV Technical Sales Applicatio
- Every 3 years
- 3 Qualifying PV systems over 3 years
- 6 hours on latest NEC Code, 6hours on Installation and Technology, 6 hours of additional study (technical or non)
- Entry Level – Taken any time at Prometrics Testing after completing course
- Certified PV Installer – January 13, 2012: Application deadline for the March 24, 2012 exam
- PV Technical Salesperson – November 14, 2011: Application deadline for the January 21 – February 4, 2012 PV Technical Sales Exam
- Recertification – Test not required; application plus proof of Continuing Education and fee
How to Apply:
- http://www.nabcep.org/home/ce-conference - March 30 2012 Conference
Still have questions? Please call Chris Hillman at (800) 732-7410.